Integrated Command and Control Center
Keeping pace with speed of urban development, Indore Smart City has setup an Integrated Command Control Center System (ICCC). To monitor and connect with various municipal services and to receive real time data, this one of its kind projects of ICCC is envisaged to be the brain for city governance, traffic management and disaster management. Developedin7months,IndoreisfifthcityinthecountrytouseICCCforservicesrangingfromwastemanagementtowater supply to traffic management, City-GIS with green spaces and Indore 311 service. ICCC connects and receives data from various services applications managed by respective application vendor. This data is getting integrated and processed at ICCC platform for city administration for better situational awareness and to act for betterment of the Citizens in given situation.
ICCC has with three major component a command center, an analytic section and an alert generation mechanism for MunicipalServices,Traffic,Calamitiesandpublicgrievances.ICCChelpsthedepartmenttoengagewithfieldsupportstaff to address citizen grievances. Integration and correlation of data from multiple source systems helps to identifying the root cause of the issue, which helps in improving city operationalactivities.
Few points on which the ICCC will be working recently are: –
- Intelligent Traffic Management System (ITMS):- consist key modules like Adaptive Traffic Control System (ATCS),whichwillhelpinoptimizingthetrafficatjunctionsandtrafficEnforcementManagementSystem,which will help in improving commuter safety. This solution will be integrated with ICCC for monitored and controlled with the help of Traffic Police department for intelligence city management and emergencyresponse.
- EnterpriseGIS:ThisplatformshallbeacommonrepositoryofGISlayersofvariouscitydepartmentslikePolice, Health, Education, T&CP etc. It shall be integrated with ICCC which would allow operators to locate city asset detailsonGISMapeasilywiththehelpofitscomprehensiveattributeinformationandhighresolutiondroneimager.
- SCADA: Sewerage Treatment Plant (STP) SCADA: Integration with field sensors helping in efficient use of SewerageTreatmentPlant(STP).Thisisachievedbymonitoringthresholdlimitsandanalyzinghistoricaldatafrom different weathers to optimize the plant resources in particular month /weather.
- Automaticvehiclelocationsystem(AVLS)andAutomatedFareCollectionSystem(AFCS):-,Thissystemenables authorities to get real time data in structured format from ground operations. Integration with AFCS system both applications helps in identifying Collection from different mode of Payment on different routes. Analytics with passenger information and fleet management helps in efficient route planning with available resources to meet Citizens need and to plan and promote cashlessmodes.
- Integrated Solid Waste Management (ISWM)- This module is to track door to door garbage collection vehicle fromcollectionatsourcetotransportationatGarbageTransferStationorCentralProcessingFacility.Thissolution has direct impact on 2.5+ million population of theCity.
- Indore 311 (Citizen Grievances and Redressal System)- This is a mobile application is accessible to ~3 Lacs citizens of Indore. A heat-map on ICCC screen helps Authority plan and prioritize actions for specific areas. Grievanceswhicharegoingtocrossthresholdlimitstriggersanddefinedactionplantoaddresstheissueonpriority.
- IMCERPPropertyTaxandWaterTax:RepresentationofdemandandcollectiondataandPaymentpatternfrom citizens helped in improving tax collectiondrive.
Intelligent Transportation System (ITS):
ITS will integrate traffic, transit, parking and payment management using ICT elements. It will be integrated with existing and proposed transportation networks/system (BRT, Rail Metro, signals) streamlining traffic and transport management and improving user experience.
ITS entails three interrelated processes: data sensing technology, data communication and data processing & analytic. The specific sub-components are:
- Traffic Management: Automated Traffic Control System (ATCS), pedestrian activated signals at crosswalks, bicycle actuated signals. Lane monitoring and control signs. Dynamic messaging boards and web/mobile applications with route information. Automated enforcement systems.
- Transit Management: Real-time vehicle tracking (RVT/ CAD/AVL) and Fleet Management System; passenger information dissemination (On-Board, At-Stops, At-Stations); video surveillance (in vehicles, stops & terminus etc.)
- Electronic Payment: Sensors and hardware for management and collection of Transit Fares (Metro, Standard Bus, IPTs including Taxi & Auto Rickshaw, Parking and Tolls); Electronic Smart cards and integrated with a payment gateway
- Parking Management (On-Street, Off Street and Multi level): Sensors & cameras for data collection on parking lot capacity & availability. At-facility dynamic messaging signboard supported by web/mobile apps.
- Adaptive Traffic Control System (ATCS) ( 50 Junctions)
- Latest Technologies: 4D Radar
- Traffic Enforcement System
- Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) System
- Red Light Violation Detection (RLVD) System
- Speed Violation Detection (SVD) System
- Surveillance (Bullet Cameras 218 & PTZ cameras 20)
- Variable Message Sign Boards (VMSB), Emergency Call Box (ECB), Public Address (PA) system, Video Management System
- Integration of E-Challan software Application at ICCC including integration with State/ RTO/ Vahan&Sarathi, etc.
Intelligent Solid Waste Management (ISWM)
ISWM is an ICT-enabled system for improving O&M of the newly proposed innovative, PPP for SWM. Intelligent solutions will improve collection, transportation, landfill management, and waste-to-energy processing. Citizen services will be improved through mobile apps that facilitate grievance reporting and redressal.
ISWM will complement Swachh Bharat Mission with the following ICT based interventions:
- Applications for Citizens and Safai Mitra for data crowd sourcing and compilation of management information on primary & secondary waste collection.
- Smart Pool
- GIS based Asset Management through Geo-fencing of waste bins, vehicles, personnel, Waste Transportation Route mapping and GPS based Vehicle Tracking Management System (VTMS)
- Central Control and Command Center
- Supervision and Monitoring of Weigh Bridge and Waste Processing Facilities including equipment’s for Smart waste-to-energy plants such as smart conveyor belt and pooling device
ICT based system with following features:
- Specialized Vehicle Tracking System for Solid Waste Management
- Customizable Geo-fencing based on various levels such as Area, Route or Lane
- Real time monitoring of Entry and Exit of vehicles in each Lane
- Route Digitization to ensure 100% Route coverage
- Provide Scheduled Time of Arrival (STA) and Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA)
- Route optimization (based on learnings from historical data)
- Rule based Alert generation system
- Improved and dedicated medium for establishing communication with Drivers
- Driver performance evaluation functionality
- Tailor-made reports for Waste Management
- Customized Resource management system
- Integration with 3rd party systems feasible such as with electronic Weighbridge and trips count and attendance system
Inclusion of pan city proposals
- The Indore Intelligent City Management System is proposed for overall improvement of citizen services, influencing life of every citizen.
- ITS will deliver positive impacts to a variety of social and economic groups. It will have widespread physical coverage ranging from slums, old city, CBD, wholesale markets, transport nodes, new developed areas, recreational areas to institutional areas. It will benefit tourists and visitors to the city improving their overall city experience. ICT will drastically improve user convenience. It will also improve the performance and reliability of the system (thus benefitting users not friendly with technology). More significantly, its impacts will go beyond physical inclusion to create SOCIAL, ECONOMIC, and ENVIRONMENTAL inclusion. It will ensure a better standard of living for city inhabitants with less noise pollution, better air quality, better utilisation of public space and increased road safety for all road users, especially the elderly, children and specially-abled.
- Waste Management is not only the biggest national concern but also a priority concern of every citizen. The spectrum of inclusion is similar to that of ITS, covering every citizen. It will have a visible, health and also social improvement in the city effecting every citizen.
Implementation of Smart Classrooms inGovernment Schools, Indore
Under social aspect Indore Smart City has been identified 11 Government Schools as a pilot project for PAN City Area to improvised 100 classrooms from “Traditional” to “Smart” Classrooms. The idea of the project was to implement Smart Classrooms equipped with School Management System, Learning Management System, Classroom Infrastructure and IT Infrastructure which leads to significant improvement in quality of education.
Objective of the Proposed Smart Classroom Project
Most of the Privateschools in the city are providing basic education through modern technology but it becomes difficult for the parents from under privileged background to afford the same for their kids. Thus, many children are deprived of quality education because of background or some other reasons. Hence, Indore Smart City is providing the Smart Classroom facilities to selected government schools.
- Enhanced Learning Experience-Through visuals and audio learning ability of students enhanced as they memorize the topic for a prolonged period of time.
- Interactive Learning Experience –Teachers can easily explain each and every part of the lesson with some special effects and graphic presentations and using internet facilities. It helps to create a quick FAQ session between teachers and students that actually makes a wonderful learning environment in the classroom.
- Time Saving Technology-When students understands easily and quickly, a lot of time of teachers and students that can be used for another interactive activity.
- Increased Productivity– As visuals remains unforgettable and enhance the strong foundation for any topic which motivates students and teachers accomplish pretty good results leading to improved productivity.
- Augmentation – The change in mode of education from plain textbooks to visual and animations make the subject interesting and motivate students to attend the classes with enthusiastic.